The Web Reporting Tool for Excel (GTD Excel Report Server) is a publishing solution for businesses to generate sophisticated Excel reports via the web or within enterprise applications from databases or structured data sources. |
Excel reports generated by the Web Reporting Tool can contain colors, font formats, charts, formulas and more.
Key features of the Web Reporting Tool for Excel include:
- Scheduling allows to set up automatic report generation and have the reports be sent by email.
- Easy to integrate within applications.
- Download the server edition and run it as stand alone server.
- Download the WAR package and deploy it in a J2EE container.
- Flexible and powerful web reporting solution to make reports useful, clear and meaningful.
- Platform independent with multiple environments
- Java based, the web reporting tool runs on every operating system that supports Java 5 or higher (e.g. Windows, Unix, Solaris, OSX 10.4+, AIX).
- The Remote Interface is a convenient way for administrators to configure the server when a direct access to the server is impossible. The server can be controlled via web browser, even to shutdown the server.
- Data for the reports can be connected from any JDBC data source such as MySQL, MS SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, SQLite, and more for which drivers are included.
- Change the database source configuration at run time or design time.
- Visual Report Template Designer allows predefined report layout and editing of individual cell formats by visual designer. Templates can also be modified with Excel.
- Rich Excel formatting allows the use of fonts, sizes, styles and colors in the same way as Excel.
- Independent from MS Excel run time, no Excel template is required.
- Dynamic reports can be customized with parameters via URL or by the user at run time.
- Report permissions manage the visibility rights of reports.
- Integrates with LDAP to login using the Active Directory and other LDAP servers.
- Scheduler allows to create reports with an execution time and send them via email.
- Multiple language reports an be generated (labels and formatting).
- Rapid development with several common predefined report layouts provided.
- No technical knowledge is required to customize reports.
- Complex Excel based reports and templates can also be developed.
- Produces different output formats (Excel, CSV and HTML).
- Possible to call the Web Reporting Tool for Excel from other programs and applications.
Try It Get It (Pricing is available on the next page)(Updated on 2023-02-01)